Time Analytic & Shared Services Private Limited (“TAS”, Time Inc. India, “We”, “Us” or “Our”) respects the privacy of its users accessing its website at http://www.timeincindia.com (“Website”). For the purposes of this User Agreement, the term “User(s)” and wherever the context so requires “You”, “Your”, “Yourself” shall mean any natural or legal person who accesses or uses the Website and in the event that a natural person is representing a business entity, reference to such terms shall include a reference to the business entity.
Collection of information
To enhance Your use of the Website, certain information may be collected each time You visit the Website which are saved in server logs. It is clarified that these encrypted statistics help Us in improving the efficiency of the Website by giving Us information relating to Your use of the Website. Such information may include details of the server from where the Website is being accessed, the browser and operating system used to browse the Website, details of Your last visit to the Website, including time, date and the duration of Your session on the Website. This information is used by Time Inc. India to understand the number of users visiting the Website and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use of the Website. While collecting such information, Your anonymity is maintained at all times and at no time can We identity You personally, unless You submit the User Information on the Website or through the e-mail feature. You acknowledge that apart from Your User Information, if You upload any content including comments on the Website, such content may contain information including User Information and the same may be available to the other Users of the Website. Time Inc. India will not be liable for the disclosure and dissemination of such User Information on the Website.
Use of User Information
User Information provided by You is used by Us only to provide information that You request which shall include the following:
- verifying the identity;
- facilitating Your use of the Website;
- responding to Your inquiries;
- responding to Your job application;
- providing You with information about Time Inc. India and to send You information, materials, and offers from Time Inc. India;
- sending You important information regarding the Website;
- sending You surveys and marketing communications that Time Inc. India believes may be of interest to You;
- personalizing Your experience on the Website and Time Inc. India other websites by presenting offers tailored to You;
- helping You address trouble- shooting problems;
- providing You with related customer service;
- conducting internal reviews and data analysis for the Website (e.g., to determine the number of visitors to specific pages within the Website);
- improving the Content on the Website;
- protecting the integrity of the Website; and
- to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law.
Sharing of User Information
User Information may be shared with such third parties as are required, which may include our affiliates, strategic partners, investors, background verification companies, suppliers, and service providers as the case maybe. The User Information may be saved in servers inside or outside India, at Our sole discretion.
Except as provided in paragraph above, We shall disclose the User Information only in circumstances where:
- The User has provided express instructions or consent towards such disclosure;
- The User Information that We collect may also be transferred as an asset in connection with a merger or sale (including any transfers made as a part of an insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of Time Inc. India or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock sale or change of control.
To prevent any form of unlawful interception or misuse of User Information, We use reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the User Information collected. We use reasonable secure and technologically appropriate measures, in compliance with the Information Technology Act, 2000 and the rules related thereto to protect You against loss or misuse of Your User Information including internal reviews of data collection, storage and processing practices and other reasonable security measures which are equivalent to security measures that Time Inc. India uses to protect its own confidential information. We have in place a secure server for all Your transactions on the Website, which, if required to be accessed, are accessible only by the authorized personnel of Time Inc. India. However as You are aware, no internet site is completely free of security risks and We do not make any representation in respect of the same.
We do not warrant that Our Website or any electronic communication made by Us is free from virus or other harmful effects. In the event of any errors in transmission or due to an act of a third party, We shall have no liability. You explicitly agree that Your use of the Website and/or services is at Your own individual risk. You agree and confirm that Your User Information may be transferred, processed and stored across National and International borders. You hereby confirm that You have been made aware of the security measures undertaken by Us and You expressly consent to Us storing, handling, using Your User Information.
Links to other third party sites
Contacting the Website